I learned how to dress up before I could read. I used to wake up early with a bottle of nail polish in hand, and wait by my auntie’s bed until she awoke so she could paint my nails. Fast forward to present day and my passion for fashion continues!
I firmly believe you don’t need to spend a lot to have great style. The style files captures my bargain finds, shopping adventures, styled looks, vignettes and the likes. (side note: I
don’t rarely pay full price for anything. Call me cheap, call me Asian – I just live for a good bargain!)
My first installment of the style files includes my newest bargain find from Anthropologie – mustard skinnies at just [$39.95] originally $128.00. Love the color and velour detailing down the side. The beautiful, rich mustard can be read as either a neutral or color depending on how you style them.
And best of all, the looks below are all under $100!
Anthropologie mustard skinnies [$39.95]
look 1: western meets city
- Bella Dahl chambray [$24.95]
- Francesca’s snakeskin, open back blouse [$12.00]
- accents | Gap metallic belt, Skagen men’s watch, assorted bangles
look 2: feminine with a bit of edge
- Olivia Moon floral blouse [$34.95]
- Pure Sugar vest [$22.95]
- accents | Gap studded belt, handmade carnelian bracelets, Nordstrom brushed silver hoops, Forever 21 geometric rings
look 3: daytime drama mama – favorite look!
- Cynthia Rowley top via Marshalls [$16.99]
- Free Hug leopard blazer via Nordstrom Rack [$19.99]
- accents | Forever 21 white stud cuff, Aldo chunky white ring, vintage fur collar courtesy of my amazingly stylish grams!
I’m totally digging look 3. Partly because I’m rocking my gram’s fabulous fur collar straight out of the 40s, and partly because I’m channeling Macklemore. Macklemore be like heyyy girl hey.
via The Wallpaper HD
This is the perfect outfit to lift me out of my winter neutral mood. Hellooooo polka dots, leopard, color and fur – you never looked more fabulous together. You either love it or hate it. You decide.
What’s your favorite look on a dime? How do you put together a polished look with amazing bargain purchases?
Proof that fashion need not hollow out your pocketbook!